Details on Group Votes
This page describes protocol details for group votes.
Status: Notes taken while reading the source, some guesswork included.
Group Vote Notification
- Server sends an IM with field Dialog set to 7 to indicate a group IM. The field FromAgentName? contains the name of the avatar who initiated the vote. The field ID contains the group ID.
- The user is presented with a notification including the name of the initiator and the actual message.The user can chose either "Vote Now" or "Later".
- If the user choses "Vote Now" the group vote dialog is opened. See below for more details on that.
- If the user choses "Later" or closes the dialog nothing further happens.
Group Vote Dialog
The group vote dialog sends three kinds of requests to the server:
- A message "GroupProfileRequest?", expecting a "GroupProfileReply?" message.
- A message "GroupActiveProposalsRequest?", expecting a "GroupActiveProposalItemReply?" message.
- A message "GroupVoteHistoryRequest?", expecting a "GroupVoteHistoryItemReply?" message.
There are two group powers relevant for group votes:
- PROPOSAL_START (bit 44)
- PROPOSAL_VOTE (bit 45)
Their meaning should be obvious.
Note: The 64-bit value with the group powers flags is taken from the "AgentGroupDataUpdate?" message. The mask sent in "GroupProfileReply?" seems to be unused, so I am not really sure, why it is requested.
Edit this page (last edited 2009-01-23 09:16:18) [Show diff]
|No Associated Items Found|
|Topic||Topic Starter||Messages||Last post|
|There are no threads.|